Billing Rate Administrator - Accounting
Rate Administrators are business partners to our attorneys and are integral to client relationships - they report and audit our attorney and paralegal billable rates to ensure accuracy for client billing. In addition, this position is responsible for setting up client and matter rate arrangements in our database.
This position offers the flexibly of being fully remote, however will require you to come into our Seattle office on occasion for team-based events and meetings. If you have sharp attention to detail, can perform independently and own processes, and strong communication skills, we want to hear from you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Set up new timekeepers and maintain status of existing timekeepers in financial system
- Enter new or update existing client/matter billing rates; review and modify new matter intake where needed
- Review client engagement letters and outside counsel guidelines; update matters for compliance with listed requirements, including coding cost exceptions
- Produce Excel charts for the purpose of batch system rate loads
- Create and maintain an electronic folder/database of top client and matter rate arrangements
- Audit and maintain individual timekeeper rates
- Monitor end dates to existing client arrangements
- Monitor and maintain client volume discounts in the billing system
- Assist with year-end rate reviews for all clients and billing attorneys
- Communicate changes in arrangements to Business Intake and the billing team
Join us if you have:
- 3+ years relevant experience in an automated accounting department
- Demonstrated high level of ability to use MS Excel, including the use of Pivot Tables and VLookup
- Knowledge of Elite Enterprise and/or Aderant software preferred
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must perform well under pressures of deadlines, heavy volumes, and requests
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently required
- Must be a team player and have ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a background in billing or accounting is helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.? Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position.? It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination.? It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.