This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for a Billing Proofreader to join our group in Seattle.
This position is responsible for proofreading billing invoices and memos as well as coordinating corrections with billing specialists, and other tasks as assigned.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Proofread and edit final billing invoices before attorneys/secretaries send to clients
- Ability to meet billing cycle deadlines
- Review time entries for consistency with firm timekeeping style guide
- Review invoices to confirm that attorney edits have been made correctly on the final invoice
- Work with billing specialists to ensure invoices are corrected and sent in a timely manner
- Convert and distribute PDF invoices quickly and accurately
- Maintain and independently manage a spreadsheet of attorney and client preferences
- Maintain all monthly paper and electronic filing pertaining to invoicing and handle records storage
- Provide assistance on various projects to billing specialists and supervisor, as needed
Join us if you have:
- Accurate keyboard skills and familiarity with accounting software (preferably Elite or Aderant Expert) and processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exceptionally high level of attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in language and writing (spelling and grammar)
- Ability to understand and execute assignments with minimal direction
- Ability to manage workflow independently and complete monthly assigned tasks
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal clients
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, service environment
- High school diploma or GED certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.