Attorney Compensation Manager
The Attorney Compensation Manager develops, implements, and manages the attorney compensation programs for a law partnership of 500+ attorneys. Ensures attorney compensation models are effective, well understood and are readily articulated to practice leadership, senior management and other compensation decision-makers within the firm while ensuring compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Serves as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert in determining and setting attorney compensation as it comports with the firm’s overall compensation philosophy
- Identifies arrangements/transactions to be reviewed by practice and office leadership with regards to the setting of annual compensation for the firm’s attorneys whose compensation is determined by way of individual contract, i.e. contract partners, counsel, of counsel (generally)
- Develops criteria for an annual review of associate compensation including salaries and bonus structures working with practice and office attorney leadership including senior management
- Works with Financial Planning and Analysis Group to ensure existing and changes in compensation structure are included in the operating budget for the coming year
- Provides on-going and continual analysis of the market on attorney compensation practices as well as best practices across the country with regard to model design and application to ensure market competitiveness
- Ensures that attorney compensation models are internally equitable and the models perform properly and consistently
- Oversees the collection of quality data for use in the calculation of incentive payments
- Works closely with Payroll staff to ensure the timely and accurate processing of all attorney incentive payments
- Works with Financial Planning and Analysis Group and provides responses as appropriate to industry surveys relevant to compensation practices, e.g. Citigroup Survey, PricewaterhouseCoopers, AMLAW
- Develops and implements plans to achieve goals and objectives for area(s) assigned
- Establishes continuous performance improvement plans for department to achieve operational efficiencies and quality standards
- Develops, implements, monitors, keeps current department(s) policies and procedures
- Leads and/or participates in projects, programs, and initiatives as required
- Develops and implements special projects as assigned related to area of responsibility
- Develops annual and capital budgets for area(s) of responsibility
- Manages resources and operates within approved budget
Join us if you have:
- 7+ years’ accounting experience with a demonstrated emphasis on compensation systems with a record of increasing responsibilities required
- Bachelors in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics or accounting strongly preferred; Master in Business Administration with emphasis on finance, economics, statistics or accounting is a huge plus
- Previous experience in a law-firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment
- Advanced skill level of standard MS Office applications, specifically Excel and Word and Power Point, required
- Knowledge of Tableau and SQL applications a plus
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead initiatives and discussions regarding policy, procedures and direct contact with attorneys regarding compensation required
- Must perform well under pressure and execute assignments with minimal direction
- Ability to establish effective working relationships throughout operational groups
- Demonstrated ability to effectively apply good judgment and use powers of persuasion to positively influence practice and office leadership, lateral peers and other colleagues, as well as senior management
- Strong customer service, problem solving and communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner and open to change
- A strong attention to detail and quality control
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.? Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position.? It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.? We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination.? It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: oGn9gfwc