Applications Support Manager
Applications Support Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine has been named "Innovative Law Firm of the Year" for the past two years by members of the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA).
We are looking for a highly talented technical architect to join our team in Seattle. This position is responsible for managing and leading a team of Applications Administrators to enhance and support the firm's technology systems and solutions. The Applications Support Manager is expected to be the acknowledged subject matter expert (SME) as it pertains to the operational function, configuration and structure of the firm’s operational systems.
- Provide mentorship through coaching and help with setting and managing priorities.
- Foster and encourage inter- and intra-departmental communication and collaboration.
- Balance workload within and across teams by ensuring employees are taking on responsibilities appropriately, and ensuring the right people are in the right roles.
- Empower employees to provide constructive feedback, take ownership of their areas of responsibility, and share their expertise with the team.
- Keep employees up-to-date on the nature and status of departmental and firm objectives and priorities.
- Actively manage a team of Applications Administrators responsible for installing, configuring and supporting business critical systems.
- Manage staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs, complete bi-annual check-in process, and make recommendations regarding annual salary adjustments and bonus considerations.
- Interview and make hiring recommendations on new staff.
- Work hands on with infrastructure, integration teams and vendors to research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve issues in our production systems.
- Develop productivity and service metrics to measure the team’s performance and effectiveness.
- Manage multiple environments, 3rd party integrations and continuous process improvement using automation, monitoring and innovation by identifying inefficiencies in current processes; improving agility of the releases through the environments with different teams.
- Plan, develop, implement and maintain Service Level Agreement (SLA)/Operational Level Agreements with internal and external teams. Manage operational and support management including escalation and incident management procedures and execution.
- Help develop and execute system or application specific test plans.
- Conduct regular analysis of existing devices and systems and make recommendations for improvement to enhance productivity, security, and/or performance.
- Work closely with the IT infrastructure team to recommend, establish, and follow policies on system use and services.
- Interface with IT team to direct and oversee installations and configuration changes.
- Support system audits by maintaining accurate and comprehensive documentation.
- Track, monitor, and close production support issues escalated from the help desk and document activities and solutions.
- Provide emergency support as necessary, including after-hours. Develop on-call on rotating weekends, holidays and off-hours support schedules.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working as a system administrator of a business-critical application or system required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in an IT management or leadership role required.
- Ideal candidates will have advanced knowledge of many of the following: Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy, SCCM, iManage, SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Windows and Project Management, SQL Server/relational databases, Web API/endpoints.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints. Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when evaluating software solutions.
- Ability to work independently and have advanced problem solving skills.
- Experience supporting mobile computing preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills, are required.
- Strong customer service, analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience; experience working with customers and staff possessing a wide range of technical expertise is required.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner required.
- A strong attention to detail and quality control required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently required.
- Must be a team player and have ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred.