This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an innovative technical professional to join our team in Seattle. This position will play a central role in the complete solution lifecycle including: business analysis efforts and documentation, designing solutions and envisioning follow up work; provide thought leadership on best practices for architectural design, understand the Microsoft solution stack, and have a thorough understanding of enterprise application integration involving business process, business intelligence, reporting, collaboration, enterprise content management, and portals; lead architecture and design reviews for web and development projects that focus on planning, deploying, and targeting new or significant modifications of existing enterprise applications and implementations.
DWT is a full service law firm with more than 500 attorneys practicing in offices across the United States and China. Headquartered in Seattle and with offices in Bellevue, Portland, Anchorage, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Washington D.C., and Shanghai; we serve clients with local, regional, national, and international interests.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure, deploy, and maintain enterprise applications/solutions, databases, reports. Deploy SharePoint sites and solutions at the enterprise level in a distributed global environment.
- Perform typical administrative activities such as backup, restore, server/system health (patches/upgrades), performance monitoring, user account management and security, and user issue resolution.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing effective procedures and systems requirements that meet business requirements.
- Provide individual or project support for complex projects or applications, adhere to project timelines and technical deliverables within different client environments; and analyze and provide quality technical solutions that exceed client expectations.
- Participate in the gathering and documenting of requirements from non-technical business users.
- Create functional design documents, translate the business requirements into system requirements, create a prototype of recommended solutions, demo to the users, and implement the solution.
- Maintain distributed SharePoint environment, including patches/upgrades, FAST indexing, site configuration and security, custom and third-party web parts, and other third-party solutions. Plan, deploy, and target new, or significant modifications to existing, SharePoint environments.
- Mange project to completion through all phases of the project management lifecycle: Business analysis, requirements gathering and documentation, status updates/meetings, development, testing, deployment, closure as required.
- Communicate conceptual and detail designs to clients and development team.
- Assist with other special projects and/or support as required.
- Travel, as necessary.
- 5+ years' experience with business information systems integration or custom business application design and development in a professional technology consulting, corporate MIS or software development environment.
- Expertise in 3 or more of the following: Programming with .NET Framework; Web Services; SharePoint Portal Server 2010/Windows SharePoint Services; T-SQL programming; Web programming (HTML, ASP.NET, jQuery, MVC); Data integration; Data reporting.
- Microsoft SQL Server Database programming and design experience, including relational database design, stored procedures, user-defined functions, views, and security, Analysis, Integration and Reporting Services.
- ASP.NET and client web development (XML, XSL, ASP .NET, AJAX, HTML, Java Script).
- Mobile development and support of existing applications (C#/Windows Phone 8, Objective-C/Swift).
- Proven knowledge and experience with: Agile methodologies, enterprise integration and software development patterns.
- Strong customer interaction skills and ability to understand and document customer needs from a business solutions perspective required.
- Identify and build relationships with key decision-makers, having a high degree of contact with other employees, clients and prospects.
- Understand and implement QA procedures (Code review, Estimating, Peer review, Impact Analysis, Root cause analysis, etc.).
- Critical thinking, problem solving, design, and most critically, attention to performance, scalability, reliability, availability at the system and component level.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects.
- Must be able to deliver as a development lead for business application development projects.
- Contribute to development team growth through strong team interactions, be comfortable accepting feedback, positive and negative, and be driven by both time constraints and a personal commitment to quality.
- Experience working with one or more source control management systems (TFS, Visual SourceSafe, Git).
- Previous experience in a legal environment a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.