The Applications Architect will play a central role in the complete KM solution lifecycle and will be instrumental in helping create and implement the firm’s new portal. The firm is in the process of rolling out Microsoft 365 and so there will be opportunity to work with and provide guidance on that solution stack.
Additional key responsibilities will include business analysis efforts and documentation, designing creative solutions, providing thought leadership on best practices for architectural design and having a thorough understanding of enterprise application integration.
This position can sit in any of our office locations: Anchorage, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington D.C.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience with business information systems integration or custom business application design and development in a knowledge management, professional technology consulting, corporate MIS or software development environment; law firm or other professional services experiences a plus.
On a typical day you could do any of the following:
- Design/implement/maintain SharePoint and Microsoft Teams sites
- Maintain distributed SharePoint on-prem/online environment, including patches/upgrades, search indexes, site configuration and security, custom and third-party apps/web parts, and other third-party solutions. Plan, deploy, and target new or significant modifications to existing SharePoint environments
- Configure, deploy, and maintain enterprise applications/solutions, databases, and reports. Deploy Teams/SharePoint sites and solutions at the enterprise level in a distributed global environment
- Leverage tools and systems including Power BI, Power Automate, NetDocuments, Prosperoware CAM, HighQ, AI/ML, Elastic Search, etc.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing effective procedures and systems requirements that meet business requirements
- Provide individual or project support for complex projects and applications, adhere to project timelines and technical deliverables within different client environments; analyze and provide quality technical solutions that exceed client expectations
- Participate in gathering and documenting of requirements from non-technical business users
- Create functional design documents, translate business requirements into system requirements, create a prototype of recommended solutions, demo to users, and implement the solution
- Mange project to completion through all phases of the project management lifecycle: Business analysis, requirements gathering and documentation, status updates/meetings, development, testing, deployment, closure as required
- Communicate conceptual and detail designs to clients and development team
Join us if you can:
- Demonstrate your technical knowledge, specifically with experience and understanding of:
- Expertise in 3 or more of the following: Programming with .NET Framework; Web Services; SharePoint (online and on-prem); T-SQL programming; Web programming (HTML, ASP.NET, jQuery, MVC, Python); Data integration; Data reporting
- Microsoft SQL Server Database programming and design experience, including relational database design, stored procedures, user-defined functions, views, and security, Analysis, Integration and Reporting Services
- ASP.NET and client web development (XML, XSL, ASP .NET, AJAX, HTML, Java Script)
- Azure and AWS environments
- Mobile development and support of existing applications
- UI/UX, Agile methodologies, enterprise integration and software development patterns
- One or more source control management systems (TFS, Visual SourceSafe, Git)
- Strong customer interaction skills and ability to understand and document customer needs from a business solutions perspective required
- Identify and build relationships with key decision-makers, having a high degree of contact with other employees, clients and prospects
- Understand and implement QA procedures (Code review, Estimating, Peer review, Impact Analysis, Root cause analysis, etc.)
- Critical and creative thinking, problem solving and design, with attention to performance, scalability, reliability, availability at the system and component level
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects
- Must be able to deliver as a development lead for business application development projects
- Contribute to development team growth through strong team interactions, be comfortable accepting feedback, positive and negative, and be driven by both time constraints and a personal commitment to quality
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: o1rjffwK