Application Engineer - Document Management Systems (DMS)
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for an experienced Application Engineer to join our IT team in Seattle.
This position is responsible, as a member of the Applications Engineering Team, for ensuring the stable operation of the Document Management System (DMS) and supporting applications. Davis Wright Tremaine leverage a robust DMS tenant in the NetDocuments cloud. As Technical Owner and Subject Matter Expert of DMS, the Application Engineer owns uptime and top level support escalations for the environment. This position uses a highly developed technical skill set to assist the design and implementation of core applications, improve support workflows, and facilitate the implementation of systems projects and platforms in a diverse and dynamic technical environment.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Install, administer, and maintain core and/or desktop applications to meet project and firm needs including monitoring, disaster recovery/business continuity, data security, and documentation
- Pursue a formal and informal program of continuing education to keep current on new developments and to sharpen skills; ensure that the firm is taking optimal advantage of existing and new technologies
- Use PowerShell, SQL scripts and stored procedures, ETL tools, and other technologies to automate for reliability, and to reduce manual administration and support
- Participate in product evaluations, planning, implementation, and upgrades of systems, applications, and services
- Facilitate and oversee vendor services and monitor performance of project teams and users as required to ensure maximum system availability and reliability
- Maintain guidelines, procedures, documentation and associated training plans for application administration and appropriate use
- Establish, coordinate, recommend and maintain standards and procedures to support the needs of the firm, and support continual process improvement in those standards and procedures
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation as directed to respond to reported issues with systems infrastructure and coordinate departmental resources in resolving those issues
- Formally and informally collaborate in cross-functional teams with other Information Technology department members to develop/recommend coordinated solutions
- Develop, drive, and execute programs for continual measurement of the firm’s information systems performance and effectiveness; evaluate reports to identify and correct deficiencies and irregular operations
- Assist in recommending hardware/software or corrective action as needed to assure performance requirements for continuity of service, system response time, security, reporting, backup and recovery are met
- Participate in overall network administration, maintenance and standards implementation
- Assist in the preparation of annual IT budget and meet annual budget targets
- Follow documented processes for change control and patch management
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel, if necessary
Join us if you have:
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Engineering, Communications or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience with scripting languages including PowerShell or VB Script
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL, querying/updating data and building scripts and stored procedures a big plus
- Experience administering a Netdocuments, or other DMS, environment a plus
- Experience with REST API’s, JSON, and OAuth a plus
- Previous experience performing IT support in legal, medical, or other professional services setting a plus
- Ability to be actively engaged during regular business hours to attend meetings, maintain personal interaction and visibility, and collaborate with team members in the IT department
- Experience supporting mobile computing preferred
- Outstanding communication, including verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service, analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience; experience working with customers and staff possessing a wide range of technical expertise
- Likewise, ability to convert business requirements into technical specifications and implementation steps is a big plus
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- A strong attention to detail and quality control
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Must be a team player but also have ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.