Alumni Program Operations Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to help launch and support the firm’s new Alumni Relations program. This position will reports to the Alumni Program Counsel and will be instrumental in helping integrate and align alumni program efforts with firm-wide objectives, including recruiting, marketing, business development, Pro Bono and Community Involvement, and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion objectives and opportunities.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are a people-person, technically-savvy, and thrive in a fast-paced, high-stakes professional environment, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Support the Alumni Program Counsel, and play a key role in helping define and implement the new alumni relations program, including its data platform and mission.
- Manage the relationship with our data platform vendor, including all aspects of functionality and operation, including program updates and problem-solving
- Collaborate with the Alumni Relations Counsel to help develop, post, measure and track content for the alumni page and portal
- Responsible for social media postings and research related to Alumni Relations program operations
- Partner with the events team to help coordinate, produce, monitor, track and develop metrics for alumni events in various offices firm-wide
- Through data searches and other means, identify and contact alumni for potential inclusion in alumni publications, including newsletters, spotlight articles, videos and other program features and content
- Regularly report on activity and new developments using industry research in the world of law firm alumni programs and efforts
- Write articles, features and video content featuring alumni, the firm and the alumni network
Join us if you have:
- Highly developed technical skills in maintaining and trouble-shooting a sophisticated data platform
- Experience with data and knowledge management systems and functionality
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Office products
- Strong writing, collaboration, technical and problem-solving skills required
- Proven knowledge of social media platforms, including posting, monitoring, tracking, reporting
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to organize, analyze and sort data of all kinds
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment in both team and independent settings
A BS/BA degree and 2+ years of prior experience in a law firm and other professional services organization is helpful, but we are open to candidates from non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: oMRgffwS