Administrative Legal Assistant
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an Administrative Legal Assistant to join our team in our Washington, D.C. office.
This is an entry-level position designed to provide assistance to legal assistants and other administrative staff.?This is a great opportunity for someone interested in law school or a career in legal support.??
This position?requires someone who is highly detail orientated, exercises sound judgment, and possesses strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments.?
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Attend training classes
- Assist executive legal assistants and other administrative staff with assigned tasks which may include administrative tasks, entering attorney time, preparing binders, organizing files, and other projects as assigned
Join us if you have:
- Self-starter with a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to accurately type 50+ wpm
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Word
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs and program updates
- Ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- A highly professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in calm, composed manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to complete projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow client confidentiality guidelines
- At least one year experience in a professional office preferred
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do.? Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success.? We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way.? At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination.? It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons.? If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.