Administrative Legal Assistant
This is an entry-level position which is designed to provide assistance to legal assistants and other administrative staff. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in law school or a career in legal support.
This position requires someone who is highly detail orientated, exercises sound judgment, and possesses strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice, and the support is unparalleled.
Join us if you have:
- Experience working in a professional office
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
- The ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail and minimal supervision
- An ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Problem solving skills, with a focus on how we can provide a solution and not the reasons we cannot
- Strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written, including interpersonal skills
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Availability and willingness to work overtime as needed or requested
Who We Are?
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
Request for Accommodation
If you need to request accommodation you might require during the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.