Administrative Legal Assistant
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine is looking for an Administrative Legal Assistant to join our Washington D.C. office.
This is an entry-level position which is designed to provide assistance to executive legal assistants/secretaries and other administrative staff on a task basis. Completion of all provided training programs is mandatory.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion and innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Attend training classes
- Assist executive legal assistants and other administrative staff with assigned tasks which may include administrative tasks, entering attorney time, preparing binders, organizing files, and other projects as assigned
Join us if you have:
- A self-starter mindset with a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to accurately type 50+ wpm
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Word
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs and program updates
- Ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- A highly professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, service focused environment and to handle stressful situations in calm, composed manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to complete projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow client confidentiality guidelines.
- At least one year experience in a professional office preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.