Administrative Legal Assistant (Entry-Level)
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an Administrative Legal Assistant to join our team in the Bellevue office.
This position located in the Bellevue office is responsible for providing administrative and legal support to the attorneys and legal assistants working for Davis Wright Tremaine LLP in the Bellevue and Seattle offices; including performing tasks associated with file and database management and the client billing process.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Understand assigned attorneys’ practices and client requirements, specifically individual billing guidelines
- Review and edit prebills in billing software, and update shared complex client tracking spreadsheets
- Maintain attorney and client files in both paper and electronic formats, including updating file systems with hard copy and electronic records
- Maintain internal client team database with accurate and up-to-date matter information
- Delegate appropriate tasks to support staff resources, including Word Processing, Services and Records departments
- Enter attorney time in the firm’s time entry software application
- Comparison of Word documents using document comparison software (Workshare Compare)
- Maintain and track attorney CLE records
- Prepare and submit expense/reimbursement reports using expensing and invoicing software (ChromeRiver)
- Assist with other special projects, tasks, and/or support as assigned
Join us if you have:
- 1+ years’ experience in a professional office
- Proficiency in MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written, with clients, attorneys, staff members and other business contacts
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs and program updates
- Ability to prioritize tasks on a desk and to handle multiple demands from multiple people
- Ability to communicate and handle stressful situations in a professional, calm, courteous manner
- Willingness to learn and work in a team-oriented, service environment
- High degree of attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions with minimal supervision
- Proofreading skills preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with 11 offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
The annualized salary range for this position in Washington is $54,000 to $56,000 ($27.69 - $28.72 hourly). Actual pay will be adjusted based on the candidate’s education, training, experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. Full time employees may be eligible for a bonus, health insurance with an optional HSA, long term disability, dental insurance, vision care, telemedicine and virtual short term solution based counseling services, life insurance, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, subsidized backup care and caregiving resources, 401(k), vacation, sick time, 11 paid holidays each year and an employee assistance program. For full-time employees, the initial vacation benefit is 15 days per year and 11 days of sick leave per year, accrued bi-weekly. Additional voluntary programs include: voluntary accident insurance, voluntary life, voluntary disability, voluntary long term care, and pet insurance. Commuter and Transit programs are also available.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the legal profession-can have, and can see, a path to success. In order to support this vision, we request that you voluntarily provide the following demographic data. All self-reported demographic information is stored securely in a manner that is compliant with DWT’s privacy and security policies and is only accessible by authorized members of the Talent Acquisition and HR Departments; it is not shared with any of the hiring decision-makers.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please email email@example.com.