This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S. Davis Wright Tremaine LLP has once again been named one of Oregon’s "100 Best Companies to Work For" by Oregon Business magazine for the tenth consecutive year. We are looking for an enthusiastic legal support professional to join our team in Portland. DWT is a full service law firm with more than 500 attorneys practicing in offices across the United States and China. Headquartered in Seattle and with offices in Bellevue, Portland, Anchorage, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Washington D.C., and Shanghai; we serve clients with local, regional, national, and international interests.
- Maintain secretarial and support services leave calendars and develop and communicate back-up and coverage plans.
- Assist with office communications, including preparing daily eFlash and maintaining office One Note resources.
- Maintain office calendar, schedule and prepare for meetings and staff trainings.
- Process expense reimbursements. Follow updates/changes in expense policy protocol.
- Purchasing card reconciliation for the Corporate and Litigation departments.
- Process invoices for services rendered to Portland office and clients.
- Provide support with the new hire process including: initiating new hire paperwork, coordinating new staff and attorney orientation schedules and facilitating HR related orientation activities.
- Prepare staff recognition letters and awards.
- Create and maintain personnel files.
- 3+ years’ experience in administrative support or similar position.
- Proven experience in establishing and implementing solutions regarding administrative or HR functions and general overall customer service functions.
- Ability to work under pressure as well as organize and plan efficiently.
- Proven experience exhibiting strong independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain discretion with respect to confidential and sensitive information.
- High attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and professionally with all levels of a professional services organization.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Strong time management skills.
- Availability and willingness to work overtime as needed or requested.
- A high school diploma or GED certification is required.