Aderant Support Specialist
The Aderant Support Specialist leads training and user support activities for the firm’s financial software, ensuring that that staff and attorneys can confidently and accurately perform tasks involving these systems and that the Finance organization has the user feedback necessary to refine and improve its software. This role also provides general support to the Accounting organization for the successful completion of tasks and projects.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Be the deep subject matter expert to attorneys and legal assistants on how to use our financial software and related business processes/best practices by proactively learning the system, learning what the users need to reach their business objectives, exploring functionality, and identifying the best way for users to leverage the software
- Receive and respond to daily questions about how to use the software; provide individualized assistance; create and provide training sessions; work with our Talent Development team to create and publish training materials and online content; support users during upgrades; onboard new users
- Lead feedback and usability discussions with all levels of staff (including attorneys and leadership)
- Independently identify and leverage the appropriate technology to support these efforts – online discussion tools, online knowledge base platform, video training tools, online learning content libraries, training scheduling software, etc.
- Proactively identify opportunities in the Finance organization where assistance is needed to complete the organization’s objectives, including, helping billing specialists respond to inquiries from staff and attorneys, being the Project Manager of small projects, and providing general assistance to colleagues on the FinTech team
- Assist with other special projects, tasks, and/or support as assigned
Join us if you have:
- 3+ years in an administrative role in a professional services company that involved deep knowledge of billing processes, using billing software and engaging directly and frequently with assistants and timekeepers
- Proven ability to become a super user on complex software
- Passion for helping people and fascination with the software that allows them to do their work
- Confidence using diverse software and technologies and enthusiasm for learning new ones
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization
- Strong customer service, analysis, troubleshooting, problem solving, and follow-up skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Must be a team player with proven ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively; able to handle urgent interruptions professionally
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner required
- Training experience and presentation skills desired but not required
- Project management and organizational skills a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Job Reference #: o32IdfwK