Accounts Receivable Clerk
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for the receivables area of the accounting department, to ensure that all policies and guidelines are followed. This position will perform day-to-day tasks associated with processing client payments and refunds.
If you are looking to elevate your career in a well-established law firm, we want to hear from you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Serve as the accounts receivable point-of-contact and provide responsive customer support to management and staff regarding client payments
- Assist in opening client payments received by USPS
- Assist with ACH/Bank wire payments
- Assure that all client payment posting guidelines are followed by all departments
- Post client payments daily; research overpayments and unidentified receipts
- Maintain documentation of all receipts including client back-up
- Process check requests for client refunds including correspondence to explain the refund and action taken
- Provide verification of funds received per billing specialist requests
- Provide up-to-date documentation of special posting information for clients, third parties and insurance companies
- Process daily write-off of interest charges, e-billing adjustments and client discounts
- Provide back-up for other Accounts Receivable positions, and perform other tasks, as necessary
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years accounts receivable or related experience
- GED or High School Diploma required; advanced education preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with a 10-key
- Advanced skill level of standard MS Office applications, specifically Excel
- Aderant, Elite, CMS or similar comprehensive or enterprise-level accounting software experience preferred
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, exhibit a high level of accuracy and be highly organized
- Must be a team player and have the ability to multi-task and work independently
- General knowledge of basic GAAP rules of accounting preferred
- General knowledge of the Washington State Bar Association’s IOLTA trust and accounting rules and regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, firm members and other business contacts
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. It brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.