Accounts Payable Specialist
As a member of our Accounting team, the Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for reviewing and approving invoices, check requests and expense reports, preparing foreign and domestic wires and electronic payments, processing rush payment requests, performing data management and cleanup tasks, and assisting other accounts payable personnel as needed.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are proactive, interested in process improvement, and can take ownership, we want to talk to you. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced A/P Specialist to join a collaborative team in a well-established national law firm.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day, you will:
- Serve as an accounts payable expert and provide responsive customer support to our legal teams, management and staff
- Be proactive and partner with internal teams to improve processes
- Review and process check requests, expense reports and vendor invoices, including both domestic and foreign payments
- Process other disbursement requests such as: attorney bar and membership renewals, CLE and seminar registrations, credit card expenses and marketing/sponsorship activities
- Coordinate and manage local check production and electronic payment files
- Research and assign miss-routed invoices to proper individuals for approval
- Monitor aging invoices and follow up with individuals
- Back up other accounts payable staff with workload as needed
- Provide assistance with special projects and other duties as assigned
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; adhere to schedule by being timely on breaks, lunches and meetings
Join us if you have:
- 5+ years accounts payable or related experience
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Familiarity with foreign currency and account reconciling
- Aderant Expert, Elite Enterprise/3E, CMS or similar comprehensive or enterprise-level accounting software experience preferred. Aderant Expert and Chrome River experience, preferred
- Experience in a law-firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, preferred
- Strong customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills
- A high attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Ability to be a team player and work independently with minimal supervision
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each client’s and each lawyer’s work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
What’s in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.